Friday, July 2, 2010

Summertime Shimmer

Summertime is really busy, isn't it? Too busy for blogging much. I was lamenting this recently but I quickly reminded myself that the "doing" is better than the "blogging."

Still, this blog is above all my family's scrapbook and I don't want to leave Summer 2010 completely blank. I want my children to click on this space in the future and see the doing.

I also don't want anyone to mistakenly think that all my children do is watch Netflix all day long. LOL ;-)

So, if you're taking a respite from the heat and visiting my little Cajun Cottage online, welcome to a piece of our Summertime Shimmer.

# # # # #

Mark and I are excitedly and happily waiting on our new Godchild---#8 for me-#5 for him and blissfully our 1st together). We can't wait to meet this little guy and my girls and I are getting to enjoy browsing through the baby aisles and ohing-n-ahing at the sweet blush of babyhood. It's a woman thing. :-)

Our annual summertime hike over the crosswalk followed by a stop at the ice cream shoppe.
Girl's Club Banquet with good friends.
The Jetties in Cameron, La.
The beach with Oma and Opa.
A ride on the ferry across the canal.
Lots and lots of visits from friends and cousins because no summer is summer without them.
Vacation Bible School---so much fun!
Dance Recital
After recital celebration!
Hope my readers are having an equally busy and enjoyable summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive