Friday, October 1, 2010

Mosaic Moments: St. Therese

October 1 -- Patron Saint of Missions: St. Therese 
of the Child Jesus 
  • VISUAL: Vase of Roses (and/or) St. Therese picture Coloring Sheet
  • SCENT: Rose Scented candle (or other flower-scented candle)
  • EDIBLE: Penne' Rose and Chocolate Eclairs

  • PICTURE BOOKS: St. Therese of the Child Jesus by Rev. Jude Winkler, God's Little Flower by Chris Driscoll/Patrick Kelley, Catholic Children's Treasure Box


  • OTHER BOOKSThe Little Flower: Story of St. Therese by Mary Fabyan Windeatt, Little Therese by Pere J. Carbonel, S.J., St. Therese and the Roses by Helen Walker Homan


  • QUOTE"Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts. Neither intelligence nor talents. He cherishes simplicity."
    "Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be - and becoming that
     person." 


  • PRAYERMorning Prayer Written by St. Therese
    O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to Its infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of Its Merciful Love.
    O my God! I ask of Thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in heaven for all Eternity.
    ~ Amen.

  • 2 comments:

    1. wonderful resources. i especially like the idea of using a rose scented candle.
      st. therese, ora pro nobis.
      pax - lena

      ReplyDelete

    Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

    Recommendations by Engageya

    Blog Archive