Friday, November 23, 2012

My World This Week...

I was feeling somewhat lost about a week or so ago, even pondered if I should stop blogging because life is coming @ me so fast and furious. I remember in the beginning days of my blogging how I'd blog sometimes two (even three) posts A DAY!!!

Where has my life gone!?!
 
Now I'm lucky to catch-up or post here very randomly.
Still, my phone loads up with pictures that I wish to share and which are quickly shared on Instagram.
My journal loads up with quotes and thoughts and sayings and menus and recipes and sharings.

I have it all. It's the sharing time I lack.
Then the other day my youngest showed me how to load the Blogger app on my iphone and how to easily load pictures to that app, the task which had always aluded and eluded me.
I was grateful...I AM grateful...for this quick tutorial by my 10-yr-old.

I have also worried off and on regarding the aimless contribution I am doing in clicks and tweets just to get people to take a peek at my world.
Is it worth it? Is it necessary? Is it worthy of my time and the time of others?

“Before you speak ask yourself: Is it kind, is it necessary, it is true, does it improve upon the silence?”
― Shirdi Sai Baba

"Does it improve upon the silence?"

Oh, goodness, how I love that message.
And so I have plans to restructure because I do want to share, I do want to give, I do want to have voice in a world where I have none.

Yet does it improve upon the silence?

As I was considering this and as my 15 yr old was telling me the unbelieveable amount of photos I had stored on my iphone and which I needed to dump, a revelation literally dropped from the cyber cloud above or, more realistically, from this blog Coffee Tea Books and Me .

Each week she shares photos from her world.
This creates a sharing and a meaningful giving.
It holds beauty and it balances blessings and time.

And, most of all, it improves upon the silence...

This is my first enlightening. My first world of blessings this week.
Not a whole lot of words but lots of sharings.
Meaningful messages.
Something that improves upon the silence.
 
I hope you all enjoy it.
I have other little "works of art" that I plan to share but these little art tiles will change with the pictures of my world this week.
 
Pretty Art ~

Meal Art ~
{Crescent Italian Cake}
Brown 2 lbs ground meat and 1/2 cup finely chopped onion...Drain...Add 1 tsp salt/1 tsp. pepper/ 1/2 tsp oregano/ 1/2 tsp. basil 2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce, 1 (4 oz) can drained mushrooms (optional)/ and 1 (8 oz) carton sour cream...Roll out 2 cans of crescent rolls and spoon a scoop onto each roll...roll up and place side-by-side in 9" x 13" pan...Bake at 350 for approximately 22 minutes then top with 16 oz of shredded cheddar cheese and bake til completely melted.
Nostalgic Art ~
{1969---age 3---my first pedal car}

Quoteable Art ~


Baby Art ~
{adoring auntie}
Fashion Art ~
{Heelys}
Religious Art ~

Creating Art~
{don't remember what it was but it was worth camera space}
Decorating Art ~
{Looking @ wedding cake designs and textures and styles and colors...}
Writing Art~
{Catholic Mosaic booklist has been updated and new mosaic tiles have been laid...to get ready for the new liturgical year---Dec. 2---or the new calendar year---Jan. 1---order this beautful---if I do say so myself---year-long teaching tool to enjoy for years to come with your children and grandchildren}
Prayer Art ~

{It's the end of November and many poor souls need our undying litany of prayers...they are in purgatory because of their free will and because of their sins...they are also in purgatory because of God's mercy upon them and because of  our prayers for them...keep praying}


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive