Friday, November 30, 2012

One of my Favorite Prayers...

...begins today: St. Andrew Christmas Prayer

( http://cajuncottage.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-favorite-prayer-begins.html)

Sadly I can't seem to locate the lovely chaplet that my sweet friend Ruth @ Loreto Rosaries sent me last year.

( http://thetuckerbunch.typepad.com/ave_maria_rosaries/2009/11/st-andrew-chaplet.html )

I'm so sad. While I know I can pray the novena still; the little beads are physical reminders of prayers said, prayers answered, love given, and the prayerful thoughtfulness of a friend. Her fingers prayed for me and mine as she made it. I want to have it in my fingers as I pray for her and hers.

Please pray that it turns up. I know it's near my bedside somewhere but the bookshelf and book pile is a scary place to lose something so delicate. :(

* * * * *
If you're Catholic, a special part of our Christmas observance begins this Wednesday, November 30th.
(This is one of my most favorite prayers EVER...if not in fact my favorite of all.)


St. Andrew Christmas Prayer
Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment at

which the Son of God was born of a most pure

Virgin at a stable at midnight in Bethlehem in the

piercing cold. At that hour vouchsafe, I beseech

Thee, to hear my prayers and grant my desires.

Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Pray to St. Anthony...he always comes through!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive