Friday, March 1, 2013

We Walk with Christ: Sixth Station

Sixth Station: Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
 
 
Growing up this was my favorite station and this was the image I loved to look at in our family Bible.
Perhaps it was because Veronica represents the image of thousands of women who wipe the brows of their family members.  Perhaps I loved it because it was the ideal of being able to do something physical for Christ.  Perhaps I loved it because it showed a woman trying to serve in humble servitude, something I have always struggled with.  Perhaps I loved it because the image spoke of the things women do within the home that are so valuable to all...like laundry.
The next load of laundry you place in your machine, offer a prayer of thanksgiving for your family.  For each article of clothing you fold this week, say a prayer for that beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive