Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Day (or Two) in the Life of Cay Gibson

Monday

7 AM Awake & get teenage daughter up for work
7-7:45 AM prayer time & fix lunch for working daughter
8 AM Daughter catches ride to work & I go to office
9-12 N Office Work
12:15 As a rare treat husband is home, having gotten called out at 1 in the morning they sent him home early so we enjoy the time by going to Cracker Barrel for lunch
1:15-3 PM Husband goes home to nap and I go mother-of-the-bride dress shopping...still nothing. :(
3 PM Pick-up friends 
3-3:45 PM Stop at house to feed chickens, get swimsuits and husband
4-7 PM Waterpark Fun
7-8 PM Dollar burgers and Frosty shakes 
8-9 PM Drop off friends, talk to daughter about day's work, shower
9:00 PM In bed...check email and read current reading selections until eyelids fall.

Tuesday

6:20 AM Awake, shower, wake daughter for work
7-8 AM Adoration hour / Prayer time
8:10 AM Pick-up Hudson
8:15-9:30 AM Make sure daughter is ready for dance workshop, ck email and bathe puppy while Hudson plays
9:30 AM Major infant blowout right as we're loading up to leave...good thing we were leaving early.
9:45 AM Baby cleaned and fresh diaper
10 AM Drop off Annie at dance studio
10-11:30 AM Hit the office with Hudson which is something I said I would never-ever do...never say never...
11:30-12 N Bring Annie lunch 
12:15-1:45 PM Home Sweet Home---Hudson naps, I do bank statement
2 PM Pick up Annie and back home to feed chickens. Floor playtime and storytime with Hudson.

2:45-3 PM  Go online to take Safe Environment renewal but can't log into computer because of mysterious computer virus...Bummer! Type first two days into blog post. {what I do when I'm bored ;) }
3 PM Annie turns on The Lorax...I welcome the quiet promise of an unhurried afternoon...Rocking Hudson.
3:15-3:30 PM This baby ain't sleeping. Play on floor some more.
3:30-3:45 PM Change another diaper #teethingbaby Hudson plays quietly in bassinet while MayMay decides supper plans...Puts shrimp and pre-stuffed chicken to thaw in bowl of water.
3:51 PM Rumbling sound of thunder. Bring on the rain. Husband will soon be home and will have Hudson-duty while I cook. Daughter will come home from work and so will Hudson's daddy which will allow me to spend the rest of the day reading or writing or whatever. It's good to be the MayMay. ;)

{Update: I promise this never happens but I ended up cooking a 4-course meal tonight. Unbelievable. I cooked stuffed chicken, Italian-seasoned baked shrimp, chicken enchilada (because the working girl requested at the last minute) and shrimp fettuccini Alfredo (because my hard working husband requested). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive