Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Why I Do Not Live Here Anymore...







 





My blog has become somewhat of a ghost house...
I have so many thoughts and ideas and moments I want to capture here for those days I'm forever home and lonely but...for now...life is busy and full.
 
I don't live here any more.
 
I've been ultra busy with...
Getting lesson plans done for co-op, religious ed classes, and my little homeschooler.


Schedules consume my life. I can't tell you how many schedules I have swimming around inside my head. The most important three stamped in bold black ink are:
September 12th ---Grandbaby #2's Due Date
September 22nd---Kayleigh Paige's Bridal Shower
October 19th---Kayleigh Paige's Wedding
Besides that and all the planning, we've been...
 
Swimming. Endlessly.
Going to pool parties and getting to know those other dance moms...who are not near what is portrayed and stereotyped on the television screen. No where near. These are wonderful women and it's my pleasure to get to know them.
A bowling day with the cousin.
Getting into a new routine of watching our little turtle while his Mommy and Daddy are at work or school.
 
And enjoying beautiful days at the park.
Besides regular summer work and play, we've had to contend with regular orthodontist and doctor appointments and even a small day surgery procedure.
And we've kept time for some family fun time at home.
At the end of summer, I traveled  to Orange Beach with these beautiful ladies...
...for Kayleigh's Bachelorette Weekend.
To be invited to go with these girls made it both a rich and rewarding time.
We  sat on the balcony at Orange Beach and drank lots of coffee and frozen drinks while talking books and life.
It was a bittersweet summer realizing that I've always had to watch a young child on the beach and this summer I didn't and next summer there will be two little boys to start the trend all over again. This is my life and I love every minute of it...and feel incredibly blessed to spend a last summer with just the "big kids."
Only my daughter-in-law Adrain was unable to join us due to being eight months pregnant. Awaiting Callen's arrival is our next big LIFE event.
 
  Life moves incredibly fast. Rather than bemoan past regrets or weep over past childhood moments, I'm striving to embrace the here and now and enjoy these precious days with family I am blessed to have, children who have grown into people I want to be like, and a new generation of family members and grandchildren bottle-necking to get inside MayMay's house.
 
Life is soooo happening. What about your home?

1 comment:

  1. DEO GRATIAS. I'm in a different season but same intentions -- letting go of my blog home to live and count the blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive