Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hide Your Crazy









"My mama’s phone started ringin’ off the hook
I can hear her now sayin’ she ain’t gonna have it
Don’t matter how you feel, it only matters how you look....


 "Go and fix your make up, girl, it’s just a break up
Run and hide your crazy and start actin’ like a lady
'Cause I raised you better, gotta keep it together
Even when you fall apart
But this ain’t my mama’s broken heart

"
Wish I could be just a little less dramatic
Like a Kennedy when Camelot went down in flames

. . . . .

 "My mama came from a softer generation
Where you get a grip and bite your lip just to save a little face...
 



"Go and fix your make up, girl, it’s just a break up
Run and hide your crazy and start actin’ like a lady
'Cause I raised you better, gotta keep it together
Even when you fall apart
But this ain’t my mama’s broken heart

"Powder your nose, paint your toes
Line your lips and keep 'em closed
Cross your legs, dot your eyes
And never let 'em see you cry."
 
~ Miranda Lambert's Mama's Broken Heart lyrics
“I was within and without. Simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.”   ~ Fr. Scott Fitzgerald
“Reserving judgements is a matter of infinite hope.”   ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
“In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.”
   ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
 

“Life is much more successfully looked at from a single window.”   ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
 
{For the record there is no break up but life lessons abound. When those life lessons abound, don't think for a second, like I did, that simply cooking a meal and watching a movie with your child isn't good enough therapy. Sometimes it is...it simply is...therapy enough to teach your child that life lessons, while hurtful, can be gotten through with just a meal and movie...and boundless conversation. A credit card is not needed.}
 





1 comment:

  1. Love the song, love the dinner and a movie idea. I'm inspired. Have a happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive