Monday, January 6, 2014

Waltzing into 2014





 
Slowly...deliberately...
 
The first thing I did this year was choose my annual patron saint.
I've read the writing and spiritual advice of St. Francis de Sales before.
I'm so excited to get to read more by him and about him in 2014.
 
 
It is rare that I don't have a word selected for the year.
But I don't.
Still searching...
 
And yet there's something about "Happier" that makes me Happy.
Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
 
...........
 
New Year's Resolutions?
I don't do them any more.
I don't do them because I'm the most unsuccessful person when it comes to New Year's Resolutions.
 
And yet....
 
 When I came across
it was too good {and too simple} not to follow....and share.
 
So...YES!...this year I do have a list of New Year's Resolutions.
I'm hand-in-hand with the Pope so this should go well.
It isn't my list; it's a list inspired by the Holy Spirit.
 
In short, they are...
* Don't gossip {Gossip kills}
* Finish your meals {Remember the starving always}
* Make time for others {Be generous with your time}
* Choose the more "humble" purchase {Guard against materialistic mindset}
* Meet the poor "in the flesh" {"Hospitality in itself is not enough"}
* Stop judging others {Keep your eyes on yourself}
* Befriend those who disagree {Let's create a culture of encounter}
* Make commitments {Don't be afraid to say 'forever'. Good stuff}
* Make it a habit to "ask the Lord." {Ask and it will be granted.}
* Be happy {"The true Christian exudes great joy."}
 
{Such good stuff; he inspires me.}
 
* * * * * *
A few other things I'm doing for myself this year is:
* attempting a little plan that has been on my head, heart, and soul for a couple years now...it's a little giving back for all He's given me.
*Essential Oils, Hydrating More, and Detoxing---healthwise...so there might be more posts on these things this year, time permitting

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive