Monday, May 22, 2017

The Seasonal UPDATE


Almost two years ago I set out to create something that was family-friendly and mom-inspiring. I wanted something simple yet visually appealing. I aimed high...and had to step back a couple of times to create something I could manage. As someone who, through the years, has felt too boxed in by planners-at-large, I sought to create something more in the journaling style with inspirational articles and visually appealing lists.  I wasn't sure what to call it: journal, devotional, organizer??? 
I debated that simple issue and asked for suggestions. I'm pretty sure I over-thought this...over-asked...and over-analyzed.

Originally it was just the Seasonal Beehive, comparable to a beehive of goodness and inside workings. It consisted of a compilation of articles, ideas, lists, and note pages. It is not, never was, and never will be "just a calendar." But I was worried too much would paralyze people's use of it. Upon description, many people took to calling it a planner so it became a Seasonal Planner.

Still, many times I worried it was too much of too much. I didn't want anyone feeling like they had something more to check off in a sea of online and paper options that planned their days for them. We're all looking so hard for simplicity and, in doing so, we're adding so much to our lives in an attempt to condense. I didn't want to add to the buzzing busy-ness. This was to be...had to be.... a calming, reflective journaling...something to help them (YOU!) reflect seasonally on their (your) spiritual health, their (your) mental health, their (your) emotional health and...through that...their (your) physical health.

Two years worth of tweaking and adding and improving, I finally sat down and demanded of myself that if I stayed true to what this was intended to be,  it should be at home within your home as well as in mine.

So by now you probably know that there will not be a summer edition coming out. I want to get that out of the way.

There are plenty of things online I see coming out that could be a blessing to you this summer. Perhaps we can share things we're looking at over on our Facebook Page: The Seasonal

In the meantime, we are working on a graphically designed, prettier, and more eloquently simplified version now known simply as The Seasonal.

Our goal is to have it ready for this autumn season but we beg forgiveness in advance if it isn't ready until the winter season.

It will still be separated by seasons but a year's worth of seasons will be combined into one book, still sized to fit inside your purse or book bag, with a year's worth of liturgical grace and goodness because, while our seasons change and flux, faith is the one thing no season can be void of. There will be changes but the things we've found to be tried and true will remain, in a style easier to read, easier to navigate, and easier on the eyes.

For those of you who so generously ordered the year's worth of The Seasonal at our Etsy Shoppe and are now wondering what is going to happen to their purchase....no worries. :-) You will receive a brand-new Seasonal at no additional charge...because you already paid and we want to make sure you get what you paid for.

I'm excited (and anxious) to get this back in circulation to you. I always want to make sure we are offering something that is not presently out there or presently in existence. It's hard to define and describe it but The Seasonal will continue to focus on the seasonal change within the home and the heart stirrings of faith within the home. It will continue to have liturgical faith overtures.
It will continue to layout your months and days with intentional ideas and tasks.

It's our prayer that it continues to bless you and build an awareness of what truly matters in your life and where your heart lies.

Please join our FB group to stay in touch with us and share the blessings of the seasons.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Cay....I'm sorry to say this is the first I've seen of this wonderful book and now I can't have it till fall! I am sure it will be well worth the wait. God bless you ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter

Recommendations by Engageya

Blog Archive